Monday, March 24, 2008

If it is going to happen to someone, it will happen to me

I decided to join a mommy and me group. Shane is thinking I am crazy. I already serve on an artist panel and 2 sub groups for this organization. I also belong to 2 other artist groups in the area. I also participate with an on line FTM group through The BabyCenter.
I want to join this group so that Colt Wildhorse can play with other children and so that I have some interaction with other mothers.
I went to my first meetup today at the mall. I was the only one who went to my first meetup at the mall. Shane made the comment, "this stuff always happens to you". This kinda of thing does "always happen to me". I think that things happen to me because I am putting myself out there to meet and be met, to discover and be discovered, to feel and be felt. Plus let's face it, i am a total unorganized, spontaneous, cluts. I don't always have all the facts or everything worked out. I just love to experience things however they tend to go about.
Here is my lesson learned. I enjoyed the early afternoon with my kiddo. I loved seeing how interested in color and scents he was. How he loved to watch the people pass by. How he wanted to look up at me so that I could see his joy and happiness. Life is REALLY what you make it.
BTW-I will try to attend another meetup before I quit the group.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Thanks for the invitation to visit your blog! I've got it added to my Google Reader, and I'm eager to hear even more from you!