Friday, August 29, 2008
Last night my son decided he wanted to wear his flip flops. The kind that go between his toes and have an ankle strap on the back for toddlers. He hated these a few weeks ago. He has been intrigued by them for about a week now. He wore one flip flop all night, falling down about every 5 steps. He only wanted one on, he wanted it one his left foot, and he did not want to take it off.
I decided this wasn't a horrible decision, actually it made me snicker all night long.
He wouldn't even let me take it off when I laid down the half asleep little feller in his crib. Colton John Wildhorse Perfect slept with one flip flop on ALL night. And I loved it!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
"Dat-dat" can refer to any number of things.
- What's that?
- Who's that?
- I want that.
- Give that to me.
- Here's "that". (as he hands it over to you)
The other night in the bathtub I figured it would be a good time to have him point to his different facial features. It was going very well until I asked him where is belly button was. You probably know where this is headed. Every time I would ask him where his belly button was, he would point to his man part and say "dat, dat".
The obsession is just beginning.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Just in the last month we have gone camping, to the zoo, to dinner several times, to the local festival, to the Branch County Fair (Mi).
I have just been to the Ted Nugent concert, Uncle Ted, rock on!
And I am headed to the Country Fest here in the Fort. Gary Allen is playing. One day I plan on marrying him...OK so maybe not. He is a total hunk a hunk a burnin' love.
But that is all just an appetizer. Monday we are headed to Whitewater State Park here in Indiana. It is just Southeast of Indianapolis. We are using are new camper (new to us). The Perfect tribe has planned 7 fun filled days of camping, hiking, and kayaking.
I am about as excited as I can get to leave the stresses at work.
I am also as stressed as can be about camping with a 1 year old for 7 days.
Friday, August 8, 2008
- Take a shower (15 min...I like to shower...)
- Change the little fellers diaper and play for a few minutes. Got work up an appetite.
- Fix Colton's breakfast and help him to eat.
- During his breakfast I now dry my hair in the kitchen instead of the bathroom so he is not alone. I also sweep and mop the kitchen floor during this time every morning (we have 2 dogs).
- Take him into the bathroom to play so I can finish getting ready.
- Change his diaper, put lotion on him, clean his ears, brush teeth, and get dressed.
- Colt plays in the kitchen while I make our lunches and get dinner ready either in the crock pot or put it in the fridge for later. I do not get home until 6:30 or later so this is a must.
- I still need to get dressed
- Now I have about 20 minutes where I sit down and Colton has my undivided attention to play or read books.
- Pack the diaper bag and my bag and leave the house.
- Maybe 2 morning every week I have errands I have to run for work or home so I have to leave earlier.
- Once home from work at 6:30 or later I have to finish dinner, feed the kid, run the sweeper, pick up toys, clean up after dinner, get the boy ready for bed. By 9:30 I am exhausted and tend to put the PJ's on and turn on the TV. Yes, from 9:30-11:30 I am lazy.
What's your opinion? Am I being lazy?