Thursday, March 27, 2008

All That I need is the Air That I Breathe and to Love You

Being a first time mom I feel that there are 2 different scenarios that can play out when he is sick.
  1. I wait a day to make sure he is really sick. Who wants to be the mom that takes the kiddo into the Dr for every little sniffle.
  2. Take the kiddo in for every sniffle.

I opted for scenario number 1.

My son had a 102 temperature and an ear infection. I should try to be mom #2.

I stayed home with the little feller today. When he wasn't fussy, he sat with me in the chair all cuddled up in his lovey. He was content to sit and watch TV and be loved by me. He would look up at me every so often. Missing was the joy and happiness from his eyes. It was replaced with an even better reward, a look that said, thank-you mommas for loving me.

That's all I need in life.

1 comment:

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

Thanks, Wildhorse. "All you need is love, love. Love is all you need" is now replaying over and over in my brain. :)

Poor Colt. I hope he's feeling better soon.