Friday, April 18, 2008

The headless Green Bean Men

Yes, I realize that I may be a tad bit...ummm...off.

2 nights ago I had a dream that my parents were installing a new satellite dish on the side of their home. The dish was to heavy for the house and the house fell on its side into the pool. Everything turned out OK. After they installed it correctly the house was able to regain its balance, right side up. Nothing was damaged and everyone swimming was safe.

Last night I was dreaming about the headless green bean men that lived in the fish bowl down the road from my parents. My brother and I decided to take a short cut down another road to beat his girlfriend to the house. We were riding a tandem bicycle. We somehow fell into the fish bowl with the green bean men and they had no heads.
I woke up at this point.
Every time I tried to go back to sleep, the green bean men had human heads badly sewn onto their bodies. The eyes were also sewn shut with big X's. So I was awake for the next 1/2 hour.

(this part is unfortunately NOT a dream) My son wakes up and I change him and make him a bottle. He is fussy for the next 1/2 hour. I check on him a few times and finally pick him up after I find his legs hanging out of the crib, they were stuck between the bars. I take him and put him into bed with my husband and I. Something I have only done 1 other time. for the next 2 hours he plays with my lips, my hair, the buttons on my shirt, and he caresses my faces. From time to time he delicately repeats DA DA DA DA. When he finally does fall asleep he has his cheek on my cheek. I move him so that I can go back to sleep. he wakes up. The kiddo wants me to be cuddling with him.

I finally fall back to sleep once my husband gets up and takes the boy at 7:20. At that point I dream again.

This time I am dreaming about a beautiful siren singing her song as she floats through the black sea gathering precious Ivory pieces on her way to an ancient Egyptian Empire. Once she arrives with the ivory pieces, she must put them together to solve a mystery and uncover a huge treasure. She must fight the off the Romans who are also there trying to uncover the treasure. At this point the dead Egyptians who are suppose to protect the treasure awake. The odd part is that Ivanka Trump was funding the expedition. Weird. At this point I wake up.

Today is the 3 year anniversary of a very special persons death.

1 comment:

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

Holly - I'm participating in a giveaway from notes from my nest, and I wanted to give you the chance to participate with me. The details are on my blog . Basically, all you have to do is write a post about what you know now about motherhood that you didn't know before you were a mom, then visit the post I linked and tell me about it. It was definitely a meaningful post for me to write.

:)

There don't have to be green beans involved.