Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Was it Dione Warwick? "That's What Friends Are For"

How many really great friends have you had in your lifetime? I am lucky, I had best friends while growing up and as an adult, although friends may come and go, I still have a few of those very best childhood friends.
They seem to be the best kind of friends. The kind where you may not talk for a month, but when you find the time again there is no awkward silence or hurt feelings, just a silent understanding. They know your history and never judge, just listen when listening is needed and offer advice when asked. They can sit in comfortable silence with you when you don't feel like being alone.
My friend Abby, has been that friend since we were 3 years old. We have had times when we were the best of friends and times when we had other "best"friends. Times when we grew apart because of boyfriends or different interests. Times when one or the other moved away and we each developed other friendships. And times when we are at different places in our lives and the road takes us further apart. We always find our way back to the same ol' friendship. I am sure that is what qualifies her as my BEST friend.
These are just a few of my "best" Friends:
2nd grade: Nicci
3rd grade: Rita
4th grade: Joy and Christi and Becky
5th grade: Rachel
6th Grade: Erin
7th Grade: Erin and Abby
8th Grade: Erin and Abby
9th Grade: Erin, Melissa, Trine, Abby, Cassi, Tisha....well we hung in groups and I played sports with a ton of girls
10th grade: Melissa, Abby, Tara
11th Grade: Dede
12th Grade: Melissa

College: Lanette

After college: lanette, Abby, Sesha

And now I have my FTM's Best friends. I hear(well read) the term IRL, In Real life. But these ladies are in my real life. I had a great opportunity to meet several of them recently. I wish we didn't all live so far apart. But the Internet and texting keeps us so close.

In the mean time, I have Abby who is always here and waiting on me.

3 comments:

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

You are awesome! :)

The Garske's said...

Your blog is great!! You have such great posts!! Wish I could of met up with you all!! I bet you all had so much fun!!

The Rose Queen said...

I stopped in but I'll have to be back to read on...