Friday, August 8, 2008

Let Me Count The Ways

My husband has mentioned to me several times over the past few months that I am not doing enough at home. He specifically wants to know what in the world I spend my time doing in the mornings. See, I don't need to be at work until 11:00AM, although I really like to be at my desk reading Emails by 10:30. Rather late as far as jobs go.
I wake up between 7:00 and 7:30 every morning. Late, according to my husband. He also likes to point out that it gives me 3hrs to perform the household chores. His suggestion is that I get up at 6AM, since I am incapable of getting things done currently.
Here is what I really do get done from 7-9:45:
  • Take a shower (15 min...I like to shower...)
  • Change the little fellers diaper and play for a few minutes. Got work up an appetite.
  • Fix Colton's breakfast and help him to eat.
  • During his breakfast I now dry my hair in the kitchen instead of the bathroom so he is not alone. I also sweep and mop the kitchen floor during this time every morning (we have 2 dogs).
  • Take him into the bathroom to play so I can finish getting ready.
  • Change his diaper, put lotion on him, clean his ears, brush teeth, and get dressed.
  • Colt plays in the kitchen while I make our lunches and get dinner ready either in the crock pot or put it in the fridge for later. I do not get home until 6:30 or later so this is a must.
  • I still need to get dressed
  • Now I have about 20 minutes where I sit down and Colton has my undivided attention to play or read books.
  • Pack the diaper bag and my bag and leave the house.
  • Maybe 2 morning every week I have errands I have to run for work or home so I have to leave earlier.
  • Once home from work at 6:30 or later I have to finish dinner, feed the kid, run the sweeper, pick up toys, clean up after dinner, get the boy ready for bed. By 9:30 I am exhausted and tend to put the PJ's on and turn on the TV. Yes, from 9:30-11:30 I am lazy.

What's your opinion? Am I being lazy?

1 comment:

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

I don't think you're being selfish at all. Human beings need 8 hours of sleep, and they need time to decompress at the end of the day. What does he think you should be doing and when??