My husband has mentioned to me several times over the past few months that I am not doing enough at home. He specifically wants to know what in the world I spend my time doing in the mornings. See, I don't need to be at work until 11:00AM, although I really like to be at my desk reading Emails by 10:30. Rather late as far as jobs go.
I wake up between 7:00 and 7:30 every morning. Late, according to my husband. He also likes to point out that it gives me 3hrs to perform the household chores. His suggestion is that I get up at 6AM, since I am incapable of getting things done currently.
Here is what I really do get done from 7-9:45:
- Take a shower (15 min...I like to shower...)
- Change the little fellers diaper and play for a few minutes. Got work up an appetite.
- Fix Colton's breakfast and help him to eat.
- During his breakfast I now dry my hair in the kitchen instead of the bathroom so he is not alone. I also sweep and mop the kitchen floor during this time every morning (we have 2 dogs).
- Take him into the bathroom to play so I can finish getting ready.
- Change his diaper, put lotion on him, clean his ears, brush teeth, and get dressed.
- Colt plays in the kitchen while I make our lunches and get dinner ready either in the crock pot or put it in the fridge for later. I do not get home until 6:30 or later so this is a must.
- I still need to get dressed
- Now I have about 20 minutes where I sit down and Colton has my undivided attention to play or read books.
- Pack the diaper bag and my bag and leave the house.
- Maybe 2 morning every week I have errands I have to run for work or home so I have to leave earlier.
- Once home from work at 6:30 or later I have to finish dinner, feed the kid, run the sweeper, pick up toys, clean up after dinner, get the boy ready for bed. By 9:30 I am exhausted and tend to put the PJ's on and turn on the TV. Yes, from 9:30-11:30 I am lazy.
What's your opinion? Am I being lazy?