Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Camping

My little guy is a happy camper! He loves it.
I was a little worried about camping and his new found mobility. I was concerned for myself actually. Chasing a 16month old all over a campground. How in the world was I suppose to relax, enjoy camping, have a few adult beverages?
Let me tell you, non of that matters when you see the joy and excitement on your kiddo's face. Total and pure delight.
He actually never strayed far from his momma. He wanted to make sure I saw it just as he was. He loved playing with our bikes, we had to lay them down so that they wouldn't lay him down. He wanted to play with all the happenings of our camper, the crank, the wheels, the doors. Regular maintenance man. He loved playing with his own bike as well. He has a little Red Radio Flyer Trike. He road that all over the place, not an inch left uncovered.
He also had tons of attention lathered all over him. My grandma delighted in taking him on walks. My dad took him to the general store for ice cream, more than once. He was treated to smores, cookies, apple crisp...my family has a sweet tooth apparently. My cousins took him to the park several times a day.
Nap? Who needs a nap? I figured naps wouldn't be happening, i was prepared for a crab cake. But the little feller was more than happy to have his head hit the pillow for a little mid afternoon R&R. Everyone took their turns wearing him out. Thank you!
Thank you for everyone who took the time to make sure I enjoyed my camping trip. My parents, my grandparents, my aunts & uncles, my cousins, niece. Also Thank you little man, Thank you Colton John Wildhorse for making my camping trip so special.

No comments: