Thursday, April 3, 2008

Words of Wisdom from...Gloria Gaynor?

This last week I have realized that I can be stronger than Hulk Hogan, have more stamina than Lance Armstrong, and more compassion than Mother Theresa. My kiddo has been sick, actually pretty sick. Colt Wildhorse has an Ear Infection that started last Tuesday. I took him to the clinic on Wednesday. This is how the EI has tortured my poor Wildpants.
  • Antibiotics on Wednesday night.
  • Allergic reaction to antibiotics on Friday, Saturday, & Sunday (including the scoots & rash).
  • Quit antibiotics on Saturday (per phone nurse).
  • The scoots on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday(poor kiddo had shit in his armpits after one episode).
  • Crying for 2 hours on Tuesday night
  • Back to the Doc on Wednesday.

Poor kiddo not only still has an EI, he is also dehydrated. Throughout this Colton, has been such a strong little man. Still trying to play, eat, and learn new things. I, on the other hand have been trying to still go to work, go to the Doc's, stay up all night while Colton can't sleep, force Pedialite down his throat through crying convulsions, sat with throw up all over my PJ's holding my baby while he cries out because of his tummyache and earache. And I have a energy draining sinus infection.

All the while the words sung by Gloria Gaynor keep bouncing through my brain, "I will survive, I will survive". I wish she would shut up already, I'm exhausted.

1 comment:

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

That is rotten. I'm sorry for YOU and for Colt.