Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Liquid Dinner Crashers

Tonight was girl's night out. Anna and I had plans to meet for margarita's at a local Mexican joint. The place was even within walking distance from both of our homes. Catch my drift?

Then my mom wants to come out for dinner. We hadn't planned on eating anything but the free chips, we could only afford to drink. Liquid dinner. What the heck, mom will pay, she can come.

I get home from work, assess the family situation, and see if the husbands in a good mood to make sure he has no problem putting the little feller to bed. He mentions that he talked to my mom and we are not going to the Mexican place we are now going for burgers. And my dad is also coming along.

Liquid dinner turned into family dinner before my very eyes. So I pack the kiddo a diaper bag and pack the family in the car. I traded in my late, drunken, girls night for a family dinner, tea, and home by 8:30.

I put the little man down for the night, sat in my chair, and smiled as I realized just how satisfied and fulfilled I feel being a family woman.

3 comments:

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

I was feeling bad for you, right up to the very end. Welcome to the club! :)

Unknown said...

Funny how things can change and we don't even notice the transition!

Robyn said...

So true!